Middle / Senior Java Developer
The CHI Software team is not standing still. We love our job and give it one hundred percent of us! Every new project is a challenge that we face successfully. The only thing that can stop us is… Wait, it’s nothing! The number of projects is growing, and with them, our team too. And now we need a Middle / Senior Java Developer.
About the project
A risk tech start-up within a large Insurance Group one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance and insurance. Project is transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine, which incorporates the latest technology.
About the Role
We’re looking for a determined backend engineer to help shape our digital solutions and change the way insurance is bought online. No more insurance talk that only a lawyer understands, we’re here to make a difference.
You would be designing and implementing new features and/or components within our platform and developing prototypes quickly to allow an iterative approach. At the same time delivering high-quality code, focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability, and scalability.
You have end-to-end responsibility for the applications implemented, including monitoring, identifying issues or bottlenecks, and delivering improvements to the platform. Last but not least optimize applications and components to improve speed and efficiency, ease of development of new features, and the ability to scale business processes.
Professional skills and qualifications:
- Working experience as a Java backend developer
- Solid experience with applying domain driven design to high-traffic, service-oriented, and API-first architectures
- Experience in the following languages and frameworks:
- Mandatory: Java, Spring, Git
- Desirable: Kafka, Docker, AWS
- Optional: MongoDB, Maven, Gitlab
With us you can:
Develop your technical knowledge:
- Use the latest technologies;
- Participate in technical events and conferences (the cost is covered by the company);
- Regular tech talks and professional development.
Improve your soft skills:
- Build strong teamwork skills and become an essential part of the dynamic teams;
- Improve your English at classes and speak directly with clients;
- Increase your productivity and communication level via Scrum, Kanban, and Agile methodologies